taniabotes

Tania's Book Circus

I adore reading and have very wide and varied taste.  Some of my favorite genre's include historical fiction, memoirs, fantasy and non-fiction.  Some of my best-loved titles are Sandcastle girls, Poisonwood bible, Daughter of the forest, Knife of never letting go, The snow child, The glass castle and Wolf Hall.  I love Juliet Marillier, Jodi Picoult, Philippa Gregory, Deon Myer and Bill Bryson.  I read approximately 120 books a year, and I try to keep my reviews short and to the point, so you can spend less time reading them and more time reading the books you'll enjoy.  Happy reading!

Harry Potter all grown up?

Summer Knight - Jim Butcher
Oh my, what fun!!! I have to agree with everyone else on GR, this series just gets better as you move through the books.

Some of the things that I enjoy most about this series:
1. Harry - yes he's a bit macho, but he also knows his own weaknesses and freely admits when he's in over his head.
2. The author's sense of humour. I know it's sometimes still a bit cheesy, but Summer Knight definitely had me chuckling out loud.
3. The pace of the stories - there's almost no time to catch your breath and I'm kept guessing until the big reveal.
4. Lastly, the world creation. I love that Jim Butcherhas created such a detailed and complex world, and that he introduces you to a different part of this world in every book. In Summer Knight he acquints us with the Sidhe/Faeries. There are two different courts - summer and winter, and each court has three queens. It's amazing that he is able to share all this nitty-gritty without ever pausing the main story.

The Story: Professional wizard Harry Dresden is approached by the Winter Queen of Faerie to find out who murdered the Summer Queen's right-hand man. Soon, Harry finds out that the fate of the entire world rests on his solving this case.

Source: http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/643782368